Google

Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Review of that new Dennis Quaid POS


As usual with my reviews, I haven't seen this movie, and at the moment I can't remember the exact title. I think its "His, hers, some of ours" or some shit like that.
It appears to be some kind of exaggerated version of the Brady Bunch concept where divorced parents come together except with a wonderful PC twist. This time each of the parents has adopted (or birthed? please excuse my ignorance of the actual plot) a gaggle of kids of all colors, shapes, and sizes. The kids apparently decide they don't like each other very much and band together to try and break Dennis and the sorry sack of shit who plays his wife up (sorry to said actress, you're probably not that bad but I haven't taken my "meds" today, no offense.....just realized while downloading the picture for this post that the said actress is actually Rene Russo, who I reviewed earlier for her work in Two For the Money...sorry to break it to you, Rene, but your career is tanking big time, hopefully Lethal Weapon 17 is coming out soon, at least that's a solid paycheck you can count on). Anyway, in the process of working together to try to break the parents up, guess what?.....the kiddies all realize how great it is to be a freakishly oversized family with parents who apparently didn't give a flying fuck about about how a new marriage would effect their already established families. Hollywood MAGIC!

One thing I will say for the film is that the trailer for the movie had a unique effect on me. It was the first time I think I ever really.... desperately.....longingly wanted a movie trailer to just end. Like 15 seconds in, I was praying for a power outtage or a projector malfunction. Its that bad. By the time Dennis Quaid was slipping on a banana peel accidentally causing a bucket of paint to fall on his head I was ready to pluck my freakin' eyeballs out. So I'll give credit where credit is due. The trailer was very "effecting".....for better or worse.

Additionally, Jerry O'Connell plays some role in the movie, which tells you right off the bat that the movie probably sucks.

Bottom-line- Skip this piece of shit and go buy a six-pack instead. Sit on a corner outside a theatre and drink, I guarantee you'll have a better time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google