Google

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Shit that annoys me

Something on my chest and I just gotta get it off. What's annoying me today you ask? Read on.

I absolutely cannot stand the "free skate" portion of ice-skating competitions where the skaters "let down their hair" and do really lame routines. For example, any "tribute to the 50's" or any other decade for that matter generally sucks. You get some skater dressed up in a bright colored t-shirt with the collar up skatin around to Chubby Checker or that song "Deadman's curve". Inevitably you get lame versions of the twist on skates or pantomiming of driving a big old cadillac or sipping a soda at the local soda fountain with your best girl. That shit annoys me. I'm not even an ice-skating fan, but I do watch it when the Olympics are going on or when I accidentally flip channels during Monday Night Football over to ESPN's cleverly counterprogrammed skating competition.

While I'm on the subject, you know who really bugs the shit out of me? Elvis Stojko. He was "skating's bad boy!" One thing I remember about this guy was that he was in to karate, and tried to incorporate that into his skating. Dude you're an ice-skater, accept it. You can do a couple flying kicks during your routines...but your still on ice-skates, and your still wearing a flowing maroon shirt with puffy sleeves. Give it up.

Ok thats enough for now....just thinking about Stojko has really pissed me off. I need to get out more!

4 Comments:

At Wed Sep 13, 09:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stojko's fat, bald and ugly now. that really pisses me off.

 
At Mon Sep 18, 05:43:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you mad because Elvis cut his hair?What does it have to do with you? It's like your taking it personally.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 02:41:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks like he's purposely trying to look unattractive. It's like he doesn't care what he looks like, but it's his life and his decision, no one elses. I don't think anyone takes it personally.

 
At Wed Sep 27, 11:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stojko's hideous. Buttle is a hottie, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google